Pages

Thursday, November 5, 2015

ENDTRODUCING...

Hello, this is our first blog (or almost) and we're not really sure about how to begin. So we are just going to introduce ourselves by answering a bunch of questions. 

Why Sound Crate?

 

Amedeo : Because Benjamin talked me into it, and putting all the new tracks I find on a secret Facebook page is getting quite old. I guess we are going to put a selection of our finest music here and how we feel about it.

Benjamin : I sometimes feel like it's useless to have a huge library because the best music always drowns among the okay one. This blog is a way to highlight those loved tracks so they are not forgotten.

What is the latest sound you found?

 

 A: I stumbled upon this one on the street, the original vinyl was in a "everything for 50cent" box, I didn't bother buying it but checked it out when I got home. The original is an epic 9-minute long disco tune, this remix is shorter and has a really cool house vibe.


 

B: I'll have to go with Tony Allen - Kilode (Carl Craig remix).



I don't really know how I stumbled upon this one, but I'm hooked. The sweet drumming from Tony Allen combined with African lyrics and with the Carl Craig's incisive synths make a great combination. And when the bass arrives with guitar riff, it's definitely takes the cake.

Was music better before?

 

A: Not necessarily, I think that music peaks before it gets commercial as f****, but some people are always pushing boundaries so we're never far from a good suprise. I can't wait to hear what the next big (underground) trend will sound like.

B:
No. People do not realize that there were an awful lot of bad tracks, from the disco era for example, but they just didn't stand the test of time.


What's the weirdest track you know?

 

A: The Psychic TV - Sugarmorphoses album is weird as hell.

B: Maybe Hecq - Steeltongued. Sounds bouncing around. Scary when you walk around listening to it in the night.
Honorable mention to Douglas Leedy - Entropical Paradise I. I still have to listen to it in its totality.

Best live performance? 

 

A: I have to go for Modeselektor on that one, the first time seeing them was like being in the middle of a huge techo storm. Kaaris was really fun too.

B: Modselektor made me discover what live electronic music could be. Radiohead and BADBADNOTGOOD are also very memorable ones. Also Omar S, Move D and the whole Dekmantel festival.

Bonus: What's your secret 90s Dj alias? 

 

A: Dj AmedeHouse.

B: Yes.

No comments:

Post a Comment